House on the Rock Family Ministries seeks to become the leading and most trusted provider of Biblically based marriage building experiences for couples of all ages and stages anywhere; so those couples can reflect the love to God to the world.
Our Bold Vision:
Our vision is to see all marriages grounded on the ROCK – God’s Word and the Lord Jesus Christ; so that couples will thrive together emotionally, physically and spiritually – so that the pain from divorce, fatherlessness and broken homes is eliminated from our culture.
We Will Do this by Providing:
- Biblically-based marriage retreats and training events hosted by local churches.
- Biblically-based marriage retreats and training events hosted by House on the Rock.
- TheMarriageHub.com/blog – our free online marriage resource for couples.
- Our weekly marriage devotional for couples
- Our weekly radio program for couples
- The Marriage Hub Marriage Intensive retreats for couples
Our Core Values:
1. We seek to do all to the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ
- A “Spirit of Excellence” will permeate every aspect of our ministry. We look for ways to do our ministry more effectively and efficiently … we understand there is always room for improvement; and that perfection will not be achieved.
- Integrity in all of our dealings with board, staff, donors, participants and all who are not affiliated with our ministry.
2. “Family” is the first God ordained “institution;” created to reflect His unconditional love to all mankind and is the primary building block of all mankind’s social systems.
- Men are the God ordained leaders of the Family and the Church.
- Christian marriages are to demonstrate the unconditional, covenantal love of God.
- Healthy families produce strong churches.
3. The “Bride of Christ,” the Church, is God’s ordained institution to teach His people how to live and to reach the world with the Gospel
- We seek to cooperate with the Holy Spirit in sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with as many people as possible by nurturing and defending the God-ordained institution of the family and promoting biblical truths.
- We seek to be good stewards in order to keep our ministry available to as many churches as possible
- As a “para-church” organization, we are to inspire and equip local churches to create, maintain and grow their own marriage ministries so they will no longer need our services. We do not desire to usurp, or replace, the Church’s duty to strengthen families!
4 God’s Word, the Bible, reveals God’s intentions for family, church living, and relationships and is the basis of all of our ministry’s teachings.
- All of our seminars are biblically based and seek to help participants with the practical application of its principles to their everyday family lives.
Our Doctrinal Statement
A doctrinal statement is central to the identity of a ministry, serving as a unifying and clarifying document in an age of theological confusion. Every Director, employee, and anyone formally associated with House on the Rock Family Ministries must give an unqualified assent to each of the following statements of faith:
WE BELIEVE God has ordained the FAMILY as the foundational institution of all human society. A family is a group of people who are related to one another by marriage, blood, or adoption.
MARRIAGE is the union of one man and one woman in a lifelong covenant commitment. It is God’s unique gift and reveals the union between Jesus Christ and His church. Marriage also provides the man and woman with the God ordained context for intimate companionship, the channel of sexual expression, and the means for procreation.
The HUSBAND and WIFE are of equal worth before God, since both are created in God’s image. The marriage relationship models God’s relationship with His people. A husband is to unconditionally love his wife as Christ loved the church. He has the God-given responsibility to provide for, to protect, and to lead his family. A wife is to submit herself graciously to the servant leadership of her husband even as the Church willingly submits to the headship of Christ.
CHILDREN, from the moment of conception, are a blessing and heritage from the Lord. Parents are to demonstrate to their children God’s pattern for marriage. Parents are to teach their children spiritual and moral values and to lead them, through consistent lifestyle example and loving discipline, to make choices based on biblical truth. Children are to honor and obey their parents.
Genesis 1:26-28; 2:15-25; 3:1-20; Exodus 20:12; Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Joshua 24:15; 1 Samuel 1:26-28; Psalms 51:5; 78:1-8; 127; 128; 139:13-16; Proverbs 1:8; 5:15-20; 6:20-22; 12:4; 13:24; 14:1; 17:6; 18:22; 22:6,15; 23:13-14; 24:3; 29:15,17; 31:10-31; Ecclesiastes 4:9-12; 9:9; Malachi 2:14-16; Matthew 5:31-32; 18:2-5; 19:3-9; Mark 10:6-12; Romans 1:18-32; 1 Corinthians 7:1-16; Ephesians 5:21-33; 6:1-4; Colossians 3:18-21; 1 Timothy 5:8,14; 2 Timothy 1:3-5; Titus 2:3-5; Hebrews 13:4; 1 Peter 3:1-7.
WE BELIEVE that the SCRIPTURES of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God, fully inspired without error in the original manuscripts. We believe that the written scriptures represent the closed canon of God’s special revelation to man and are the supreme and final authority in matters of faith and practice. (2 Timothy 4:16-17).
WE BELIEVE that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons — the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit — equal in power and glory; that this triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all. (Matthew 28: 19-20; John 1: 1-4; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 9:14).
WE BELIEVE in God THE FATHER, an infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power, and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer (Jeremiah 33:3); and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ (John 3:16).
WE BELIEVE in JESUS CHRIST, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit (Luke 1 & 2). We Believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, and teachings, His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into Heaven, and perpetual intercession for His people. We also believe in his personal, visible return to the earth for His Church (Philippians 2:1-11).
WE BELIEVE in the HOLY SPIRIT who exalts the Father and the Son. He convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment. He regenerates, sanctifies and empowers for ministry all those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and His work.
He is an abiding Helper, Teacher, and Guide. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and in the exercise of the permanent gifts of the Holy Spirit We believe that the offices of apostle and prophet were needed in the Apostolic Age for the purpose of founding the church, and are no longer needed today. We affirm that God performs miracles and healings as He wills (John 14:16-26).
WE BELIEVE that all PEOPLE are sinners by nature and choice and therefore, are under condemnation, that God regenerates by the Holy Spirit those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord; that Jesus Christ baptizes the seeking believer with the Holy Spirit and power for service, often subsequent to regeneration. We believe in loving, sensitive yet aggressive evangelism to reach lost sinners for Jesus Christ (Romans 1:16).
WE BELIEVE in the UNIVERSAL CHURCH, the living spiritual body, of which Jesus Christ is the Head and all regenerated persons are members. We also believe in the local church and the importance of all members being an active, bona-fide, voting member of a local church. This includes: supporting its work through regular attendance at worship services, adult Bible fellowships, and use of spiritual gifts within the context of a local body of believers. Members also agree to support their church through regular tithes and offerings as a first priority before supporting other missions agencies. Finally, members agree to be submissive and accountable to their church’s pastoral, elder and deacon leadership with all associated rights, privileges and responsibilities of being an active member of a local church (Matthew 18:20; Colossians 1:18; Hebrews 10:24-25;).
WE BELIEVE that the Lord Jesus Christ committed two ORDINANCES to the Church: (1) Baptism; and (2) the Lord’s Supper. We believe that believers should be baptized. We believe that communion should be open to all believers. (Matthew 26:26-29; John 1:29-34;).
WE BELIEVE in the personal RETURN OF CHRIST to rapture his Church; in His visible second coming to the earth and the establishment of His Kingdom. We also believe in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment and eternal blessing of the righteous and endless suffering of the wicked (1 Corinthians 15; 1 Thessalonians 4 & 5; Revelation 21 & 22).
(Approved by the Board of Directors, February 2005)